Here comes the Holiday Season across North Carolina and the Triangle region! The weather might be frightful up north and in the Midwest, but we are very lucky here in the Tar Heel State and the Peak of Good Living in Apex. Winter is usually a crisp and cool season. Many of our local population grew up colder climates like New York, Michigan and Wisconsin. It might be why they moved; in our area, any amount of snow, sleet, freezing rain, wind, and cold can make streets and travel very challenging.
The Triangle averages only a few inches of snow a year. Yet, winter can bring surprises. As we head to Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year, across In Morrisville, Apex, Cary, or Holly Springs, the days can be filled with surprises, warm one day and below freezing the next; and any wet and frozen precipitation can bring its surprises.
Driving in wet weather, ice storms and snow means everyone needs to be prepared. Triangle ice storms often make the national news. It is important to remember that ice means always being safe and ready.
Premier One Automotive offers eight important points to consider as the Triangle drives toward spring and the warmer weather:
- Check your anti-freeze: Look for clean and bright colors (green or red). Change it if needed.
- Car battery: Remember car batteries fail at the wrong time. Have it tested.
- Be prepared for breakdowns: Keep an energy bar, bottled water, and a flashlight with fresh batteries somewhere in the car. Battery cables, flares, blankets and a first aid kit should also be in the car.
- Check the spare: Make sure the spare has air, and note that over 30% of vehicles do not even have a spare. Is there one in the trunk or under the tailgate? Many new vehicles have only an air inflator. Make sure to have a plan in flat tire situations.
- Clean the glass: Clean windows means better visibility. Rain-X the outside of the windows. It makes a difference on a bad weather day. Replace the wipers.
- Check the tires: Tires wear and age. Look for wear and make sure they are properly inflated.
- Check headlights: Any exterior lighting needs to have a monthly check. Turn signals, brake lights and parking light are on that list.
- Oil change: Change the oil, filter, and air filter; this is the most important point on the list.
These eight areas of focus will give Apex and Triangle vehicles the safest edge this winter. Call us today and make that appointment for winter service. Remember, it could snow any day!
Premier One Automotive can be reached at 919 387 6800.
Have a great and safe Thanksgiving!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
https://twitter.com/#!/Premier1Auto Follow us on Twitter!!!
This blog is brought to you by the great team at Premier1Automotive!
Photo Credit: mploscar, pixabay