Everyone wants a nice-looking car. And more than everyone would love to drive one without the burden of a car payment. Any car, from a Prius to a Rolls-Royce can always have that new car look. Most cars, over time, look worse for wear. Coffee spills, cheerios, fast food bags and basic lack of care on the inside and the scratches, swirls, tree sap, bugs and bird droppings on the exterior have slowly taken their toll. All anyone needs is a little elbow grease and due diligence to bring the family ride back to life again. It makes cents too. The effort to make any vehicle, any age, look in excellent condition will increase the value. It might be worth upwards of $1500 more in trade or sale if it is clean and paid attention to. That is, of course, real money in the owner’s pocket.
Here are five great “secrets” to look good from Premier 1 Automotive:
- Keep the vehicle’s exterior clean: A weekly exterior washing is a great start. Go to the neighborhood drive through, or the driveway, but wash the outside at least once a week.
- Do a complete walkaround each week: Birds in the Triangle love cars, trucks, and SUV’s. An unnoticed bird dropping will etch itself through the clear coat and into the enamel if left over time. Warm water, gentle motion with a soft damp cloth will remove easily droppings, and bugs for that matter, if caught on time. Check the paint on a weekly basis.
- Spray wax and paint protection: There are a multitude of wash and spray waxes on the market, as well as an array of good, easy to use paste wax. The best sprays are used while wiping the wet car off with a clean towel. The paint should look brighter with just one effort.
- Vacuum and dust: Just like cleaning the house, it is an easy chore is done on a regular basis. The first time you do a complete vacuum, you might even find some change! Finding money and a clean interior? That is a win-win.
- Upholstery protection: The cloth interior needs an application once a year. The treatment will make spills an easy cleanup. Leather conditioner is necessary as well, especially on the entry and exit seat panels. Leather will dry out over time when rubbed, so lubricate the leather and it will prevent cracking.
A clean ride makes every feel better. Add normal maintenance from Premier One Automotive and drive for years with confidence and maybe the vehicle will be trouble free long after the car payment goes away. Call us today!
This is yet another article with some really good “Tips from the Hood!”
This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: Premier One Automotive