We are very lucky here in the Triangle and especially here in Apex NC. Winter is usually a very tolerable season. Many citizens here in the Triangle grew up in more harsh colder climates like New York and Wisconsin. They will tell us most of the winter, it snowed a lot. For us, any amount of snow, sleet, freezing rain, wind, and cold can make streets and travel very challenging.The Triangle averages about seven inches of snow a year. That is not too bad. Yet, winter is still winter her locally and across the region.
In Morrisville, Apex, Cary, or Holly Springs, it can be warm one day and below freezing the next; and any cold precipitation can bring its challenges.
Our ice storms often make national news while other parts of the country, used to harsh winters, never get a mention. It is important to remember that ice is ice and we need to be ready.
Premier One Automotive offers 10 points to consider as the Triangle drives toward spring and the warmer weather:
- Check your anti-freeze. It needs to be clean and bright colored (green or red). Changing it, if needed is a good idea.
- Remember car batteries fail at the wrong time. Let’s test it here at P1A for strength.
- Keep an energy bar, bottled water, and a flashlight with fresh batteries somewhere in the car. If the car breaks down and it becomes stranded, you will be ready.
- Battery cables, flares, and a first aid kit should also be in the car.
- Make sure your spare has air and note that over 30% of vehicles do not even have a spare. Many new vehicles have only an air inflation kit. Make sure you know what you have in flat tire situations.
- Clean the inside glass, on a regular basis, for better viewing. Rain-X the outside of the windows. It makes a difference on a bad weather day.
- Check your tires for age, wear and proper air. Note any irregularity.
- Replace your wipers.
- Check headlights, turn signals, brake lights and parking lights.
- Change the oil, filter, and air filter.
These 10 areas of focus will give vehicles the safest edge this winter. Call us today and make that appointment for winter service. Premier One Automotive can be reaches at http://inhomelandsecurity.com/know-key-takeaways-massive-winter-storm/ 919 387 6800.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
https://twitter.com/#!/Premier1Auto Follow us on Twitter!!!
This blog is brought to you by the great team at Premier1Automotive!
Photo Credit: clipartbest.com