Apex NC and the Triangle area in the middle of a moderate winter season. We are very lucky here in North Carolina. Many citizens here in the Triangle grew up in more harsh colder climates like New York and Wisconsin. Winter is often no fun the more north you go. For us, winter precipitation means streets and travel can be very challenging. The Triangle will get a little snow every winter. It is something we all must be prepared for as we head to February.
In Fuquay-Varina, Morrisville, Apex, Cary, or Holly Springs, it can be warm one day and below freezing the next; and any cold precipitation can bring its challenges.
Our ice storms often make the news. We need to be ready.
Premier One Automotive offers 10 points to consider as the Triangle drives toward spring and the warmer weather:
- Check your anti-freeze. It needs to be clean and bright colored (green or red). Change it if needed.
- Remember car batteries fail at the wrong time. Please have it tested.
- Keep an energy bar, bottled water, and a flashlight with fresh batteries somewhere in the car. If the car breaks down and it becomes stranded, this gives you safety and time.
- Battery cables, flares, and a first aid kit should be in every vehicle.
- Make sure the spare has air and remember note that over 30% of vehicles do not even have a spare. Many new vehicles have only an air inflation kit.
- Clean the inside glass, on a regular basis, for better viewing. Rain-X the outside of the windows. It makes a difference on a bad weather day.
- Check your tires for age, wear and proper air. Note any irregularity.
- Replace the wipers.
- Check headlights, turn signals, brake lights and parking lights.
- Change the oil, filter, and air filter.
These 10 areas of focus will give vehicles the safest edge this winter. Call us today and make that appointment for winter service. Premier One Automotive can be reached at 919 387 6800.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
https://twitter.com/#!/Premier1Auto Follow us on Twitter!
This blog is brought to you by the great team at Premier1Automotive!