Here comes old man winter! Here in the Triangle and around Apex and Cary, the chill is coming. Although it is a beautiful fall week with temperatures in upper 60’s and 70’s, here in the Peak of Good Living, the nights have touched the mid 30’s a couple of times already. Halloween is here and Thanksgiving is around the corner.
Cold weather places a challenge on trucks, cars and SUV’s. We always put a lot of miles on during the fall and holiday season; it is time to take a few preventative measures to make sure your plans are never disrupted by drivability issues. Our ASI Certified technicians here at Premier One Automotive on Investment Boulevard service BMW and other fine cars from Audi to Ford. We want you save on the road at all times and in all conditions.
Late fall and early winter mean looking at all aspects of your vehicle with the following 11 points in mind:
- If your battery is three years old, we need to look at it.
- Tires need to be in great shape and at the correct PSI in cold weather.
- Tires lose air in cold weather. Check the air in the spare as well.
- Carry an emergency kit in the vehicle at all times.
- Include bottled water, snacks, and extra D batteries.
- Keep a flashlight in the glove box; check to make sure it shines bright.
- When on a commute longer than a few miles, have a fully charged cell phone with you.
- Take all the junk out of the trunk; just carry what is needed, including an umbrella and jacket.
- Filters are critical. Change the fuel and air filters at regular intervals.
- Change your coolant with fresh fluid.
- Have your heating system (and A/C) looked at the next oil change.
It is important to know that we have doubled our ASI Certified professional technician staff in the efforts to serve our clients better. Premier One Automotive (P1A) is conveniently located adjacent to Historic Downtown Apex; stop and see us or give us a CALL!
Happy Halloween everyone!
This is yet another “Tips from the Hood!”
This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive, your BMW Specialists, in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Head to our website …
Find us and like us on Facebook …
Follow us on Twitter… https://twitter.com/#!/premier1automotive
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: Premier One Automotive