11 Ways to keep your NC Cream Puff Running Strong!
Every single one of us here in Apex and across the Triangle NC have seen prices and interest rates rise higher every day. As a nation we are simply driving less because our income is needed elsewhere, far from the gas pump. Many drivers have cars and trucks a decade old and with lower miles. Because of high gas prices and the fact we drive less and combine destinations when we do drive, we are all driving with lower miles and going on much shorter trips.
Some people drive only to and from work and put less than 10,000 miles a year on a vehicle. It is no longer uncommon for Premier 1 Automotive
to see a 2002 or 2003 model with well under 100,000 miles. Some people today are driving even less than the normal work and school. The vehicle often sits in the drive or the garage more than it is driven.
Here are the concerns our team at Premier 1 Automotive can support and address:
- Remember that low miles and low use can create multiple issues with the battery, tires, belts and hoses.
- Condensation from older gas in the tank.
- Change the oil based on time not mileage every six months.
- Tires after four or five years can show stages of dry rot, especially on the side walls; check for cracks in the rubber.
- Three years of life is all you can expect out of a car battery.
- We check the air filter and make sure it is not dirty.
- We will keep the drive train, dive shafts, suspension lubed and inspected.
- We make sure the CV boots are in good shape (SUV’s and Trucks).
- Belts and hoses can rot and crack. We keep an eye on them.
- Fluids are critical. We assess brake, power steering, and radiator fluids every six months.
- A tune up is just great preventive maintenance on a low mileage older vehicle. It is cheap insurance.
We can look at your “cream puff” and get it rocking like it was brand new!
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by THE IMPORT AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS in the Triangle, your Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: digital art, freeedigitalphotos.net
This entry was posted in Automotive Repair in the Triangle NC
and tagged 11 Ways to keep your NC Cream Puff Running Strong!
, A/C Repair
, Apex Automotive repair
, Apex Chamber of Commerce
, Apex NC Small Business Network
, Apex North carolina
, ASE Certified
, Automotive Repair
, Automotive Service Center
, BMW Repair in Apex
, Brian Augustus
, Honda and Ford Repair
, NC State inspections in Apex
, The B.E.S.T. Automotive Repair in the Triangle
, The Import Automotive Expert
, Toyota Repair
, Volvo rerpair
, VW repair in the Triangle
. Bookmark the permalink