5 Areas for Tire Safety in Apex NC
At Premier1Automotive in Apex NC,
we know that the ONLY thing between the vehicle and the road are the tires that keep on rolling for mile after mile. Remember when those tires were brand new? They looked good, felt good and gave you a much greater chance for road safety. Now, thousands of miles and hundreds of bumps and pot holes later, things might not look so good from the rubber up.
Have you checked the tires lately? In the area of tire safety for vehicles, the driver is always the first responder. A visual inspection, once a week, at the same time each week, will keep those tires where they should be, properly inflated and rolling with no surprises.
Once in a while, a visual inspection will uncover a screw, nail, odd wear and tear, and stones tucked in the tread grooves. Take a dime and pop those stones! If you have ever had a blowout at 25 mph or greater, you know a weekly tire inspection is worth every minute.
- Note any vibrations or shakes: Premature wear is always the end result. Balanced and aligned tires are the major difference for you as you do your daily driving. Handling and braking are much more reactive with well cared for tires.
- Proper inflation is critical: You want neither over nor under with air pressure. Check the driver’s door and remember what the proper inflation number is (PSI). It can range from 26-40 pounds depending on the vehicle and tire. Most of the time 32 is a great average.
- Any worn or damaged tires must go: Yes, we know that tires are not cheap! But you cannot put a price on keeping you and your family safe. Just check out any mall parking lot and you will see plenty of tires on their last mile. Trust us, you want no surprises!
- Rotate every 4000 miles: Schedule it with the oil change.
- CHECK the spare: In our experience, many spares have not been looked at for months, even years, and many are soft or not inflated at all. Please pull that trunk floor and do some homework. If you get a flat, you need that spare.
Finally, we can help you pick out the right tires for your vehicle!
Call us at 919 387 6800
. We are located at 1050 Investment Boulevard near the heart of Historic Downtown Apex.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” Word Press blog post article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: Keerati, freedigitalphotos.net
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
and tagged 5 Areas for Tire Safety in Apex NC
, A/C Repair
, Apex Automotive repair
, Apex Chamber of Commerce
, Apex NC Small Business Network
, Apex North carolina
, ASE Certified
, Audi Repair
, Automotive Repair
, Automotive Service Center
, BMW Repair in Apex
, Brian Augustus
, Downtown Apex
, Honda and Ford Repair
, NC State inspections in Apex
, The B.E.S.T. Automotive Repair in the Triangle
, The Import Automotive Expert
, Toyota Repair
, Volvo rerpair
, VW repair in the Triangle
. Bookmark the permalink