5 Point Cool Weather Driving Check Up!
Okay, so our fall and winter seasons here in Apex NC and around the Triangle are not like something you experience up North; but we do get chilly rain and an occasional snowflake. In recent years, heavy rains and chilly temps ice can pose challenges and it is not unusual to see temperatures near freezing before 2013 is over. Safe to say, the next six months can have their very serious moments.
Preparation is critical!
Give us a call 919 387 6800 or e-mail us at Premier1Automotive@gmail.com
so we can schedule your Cool Weather Driving Checkup
Let’s look at the following five areas of total vehicle maintenance:
- Oil & Filter: In cool weather, dirty oil can challenge cranking power and can cause early engine wear. Clean oil and a new filter are a must.
- Battery: The kids are safely belted in for the ride to school or soccer and the vehicle makes that clicking sound as you turn the key. The battery has died at the wrong time. Batteries older than three years need to be tested before cool weather hits the Triangle. We will also make sure that connections and posts are free from crud and corrosion.
- Tires: Honestly, do you check your tires for “air and wear”? Most people do not. Properly inflated tires that have acceptable tread will be effective in cool weather driving conditions.
- Hoses and belts: These components fail with little warning. Cracks are lethal to belts. Pinhole leaks in hoses are hard to spot except for dribbles on the ground. Make four years the rule to replace belts and radiator hoses; have us look at all of them for you.
- Radiator fluid: Anti-freeze is typically a clear red or green color without muddy or brown discoloration. Even in North Carolina, freeze protection is indeed necessary. Annual assessment and possible replacement will keep your ride clean and green (or red).
With gasoline on average $3.60 a gallon here in the United States, and vehicles averaging 10 years in age, it is a great time to protect yourself and your ride from the no-starts that can happen on a cool morning. Call us at 919 387 6800 for your appointment today!
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
This entry was posted in Automotive Repair in the Triangle NC
and tagged 5 Point Cool Weather Driving Check Up!
, Apex Automotive repair
, Apex Chamber of Commerce
, Apex NC Small Business Network
, Apex North carolina
, ASE Certified
, Automotive Repair
, Automotive Service Center
, BMW Repair in Apex
, Brian Augustus
, Honda and Ford Repair
, NC State inspections in Apex
, The B.E.S.T. Automotive Repair in the Triangle
, The Import Automotive Expert
, Toyota Repair
, Volvo rerpair
, VW repair in the Triangle
. Bookmark the permalink