Vehicles are being driven for longer and longer periods of time with mileage of over 100,000 miles or more. Across the Triangle and Apex, many of our clients are rolling with miles because they come into Premier One Automotive for regular and consistent maintenance. Actively maintaining your car with oil and filter changes and tire rotations will increase a vehicle’s lifespan and allow the vehicle to possibly reach the 200,000-mile mark. With today’s advanced technology, we can be assured that with the proper care, many of our client’s cars have become stronger and can endure more use than ever.
If a vehicle owner is in Cary, Apex, Morrisville and Holly Springs, our ASE Certified Team is just minutes away. Although there are many ways to improve a vehicle’s dependency, calling us for an appointment is one of the simplest. One of the easiest ways to make any vehicle last is to bring your car in to Premier One Automotive for your free inspection.
The team at P1A offers drivers five tips to keep a vehicle longer:
- Keep short trips to a minimum as often as possible: A short trip to the grocery store is actually more destructive to a vehicle than a longer trip on the open road. Combine errands to keep engines operating at full functional temperature.
- Keep the gas tank full: Small pieces of debris settle towards the bottom of the gas tank as it empties. This can create the likelihood that dirt can filter into the engine when the tank is low. Protect the engine from sediment and prolong its lifespan by filling the car with fresh gas and consider keeping the tank no less than half full. This will also keep the drivers and passengers safe. Sitting on the side of the road or walking to get gas are unsafe practices.
- Use synthetic oil: Synthetic oil can help every vehicle’s performance during the warm summer months and it has many components that preserve a car’s engine. The use of synthetic oil is highly recommended for most import vehicles and it is the only oil we use here at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex.
- Transmission fluid change: Flushing your transmission fluid is vital to your car’s lifespan, but thankfully this doesn’t need to happen often. It is recommended to get this done once every 100,000 miles, although our ASE Certified staff will give every client an honest condition report of the fluids.
- Use the sense of common sense: Identifying problems will help save money and keep vehicles running longer. If something looks, sounds, feels or smells unusual, bring the vehicle into Premier One Automotive and have it properly diagnosed by one of our reliable and skilled ASE Certified technicians.
Keeping the vehicle properly maintained will prolong its life. Remember to use skills and senses and our P1A team will help to ensure a healthier vehicle.
If you own an Audi, BMW, Volvo, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, or Jaguar; we are the only automotive service center you will ever need. Of course, we work on any domestic and import and are certified to do every major and minor repair.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Triangle’s Premier Import Automotive Specialist, the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at… Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website… https://www.premier1automotive.com
Find us and like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
We are on Google +
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: Digital Art, freedigitalphotos