November and December are usually the time of year that a vehicle stays a little dirty. The holidays are coming; the kids all have events, and there is not that much time in the day. A clean vehicle is usually one that is well maintained under the hood as well. It really is like making money and putting it in the bank.
Premier One Automotive in Apex offers five ingredients that can earn the pocket book up to a $1500 more when trading at the dealership.
- Vacuum: The interior sometimes fills with road maps and old gum packs in the door pockets. Clear everything out that is older than a week and shake out the mats on a regular basis. Give the front and back mats a brushing if they are carpeted and a rinse if they are rubber. Vacuum all areas once every two months.
- Wash: Commercial washes in Apex are all excellent. A weekly exterior wash saves a good paint job and keeps it shiny.
- Wax: We know waxing a paint job is not for everyone; remember that those same commercial car washes will professionally wax cars as well. The liquid wet wax sprays are easy to use when wiping off the car after the wash. They work great. A shiny car always looks good.
- Glass: All the vinyl/plastic dust and carpet fibers in today’s modern interiors often cloud the inside glass, creating a hazy film. Use a fresh hand towel or paper towels and clean the windows with a good “brand name” window cleaner. They will sparkle and it makes the interior smell good as well.
- Rain-X: There are a number of exterior glass products that protect and “wax” the outside windows. The protection is great in rainy conditions and the wipers last longer too.
If the family ride needs it, get it clean and keep it clean. In the vast majority of vehicles, a clean and well maintained exterior, interior, and engine compartment will make this weekly investment well worth it at trade in time.
(The Pontiac pictured above is a 2003 and the owner is a great client of ours; the car really is 12 years old)
That’s our Tips from the Hood! Premier 1 Automotive is your Import Automotive Expert, yet we service almost every make and model.
If you own an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, or Jaguar; we are the only automotive service center you will ever need.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Triangle’s Premier Import Automotive Specialist, the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502