Safe to say, the rest of the year will be a challenging one. As with anything, including our vehicles, it is important to remember that preparation is essential.
It is time to call us at 919 387 6800, or e-mail us at Premier1Automotive@gmail.com so we can schedule your Hot Weather Driving Checkup.
Our Premier One Automotive team will look at the following five areas of general vehicle maintenance:
- Oil & Filter: In hot weather, dirty oil can challenge engine durability and can cause early engine wear. Clean oil and a new filter are a must.
- Battery: The battery always stops working at the wrong time. Batteries older than three years need to be tested in the summer. We will also make sure that connections and posts are free from dirt and corrosion.
- Tires: We will look at each tire and rotate them. Properly inflated tires that have acceptable tread will be more effective in hot weather driving conditions.
- Hoses and belts: These critical engine components fail with little warning. Cracks are lethal to belts. Pinhole leaks in hoses are hard to spot except on the ground. Let’s look at every one as we service the vehicle.
- Radiator fluid: Anti-freeze is typically a clear red or green color without muddy or brown discoloration. In North Carolina, coolant protection is indeed necessary. Annual assessment and possible replacement will keep the engine running clean and cool.
August is the best time to protect vehicles from the no-starts and other surprises. that can happen on a warm summer day. Call us at 919 387 6800 for your appointment today!
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers! This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at… Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website… www.premier1automotive.com
Find us and like us on Facebook… https://www.facebook.com/Premier1Automotive
Follow us on Twitter… https://twitter.com/#!/premier1automotive
919 387 6800 1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502