It’s a Ga$ to Live in Apex NC!
At Premier1Automotive in Apex, NC
, our team wants to give you some 2013 style financial advice at the pumps. Here in the Triangle, we are pumping $3.50 a gallon. So, just putting 15 gallons of gas a week into our vehicles adds up to over fifty bucks a week and about $2700 a year. Ouch! Our commutes can cost us about eight bucks a day or more on average to go to and from work. Even if we get 18 mpg in our cars and SUV’s, it costs us about 60 cents a mile to drive.
Let’s look at what the Apex and Triangle driver can control. WE can fix the gas problem ourselves. The timing is there.
Here are nine great ideas to get the best mileage:
If your car is new enough, monitor the average MPG that is in your driver’s information system and get it even higher by lightening up on the accelerator and by avoiding airplane like takeoffs at the light.
- Cut gas usage: combine trips. Park your ride on the weekends. Plan ahead and minimize the miles you do drive.
- Keep the vehicle tuned up: Make sure your vehicle is in the best condition possible.
- Change filters often: Filters are the main reason good gas mileage happens. Keep them clean and white.
- Belts, hoses, and fluids: Replace on a mileage schedule.
- Fresh oil and filter: Clean oil means the best mileage. An oil change in 2013 is cheaper than getting a full tank of gas.
- Clean the car: Aerodynamically, a slick, CLEAN, well-waxed vehicle goes through the air more easily than a filthy mud incrusted one. Clean cars are always worth more money than filthy cars at trade-in. Impress that used car guy and use the extra money you will get in trade in the new ride’s gas tank.
- Eliminate stuff: Tool box, shovel, rock collection, bucket, bricks, beach stuff, extraneous stuff and general junk should be in the garage not the trunk. Less weight to haul means better gas mileage.
- Balance and properly inflated tires: Make sure your tires are balanced, your vehicle is properly aligned and you have the right air in those tires.
- Have a travel plan: Know where you are going at all times. Maps and GPS will give you straight-line directions and less fuel is wasted.
It is really easy to get the most mileage from your ride. Take the extra money and buy some groceries! Now that’s a ga$!
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
This entry was posted in Automotive Repair in the Triangle NC
and tagged A/C Repair
, Apex Automotive repair
, Apex Chamber of Commerce
, Apex NC
, Apex NC Small Business Network
, ASE Certified
, Audi Repair
, Automotive Repair
, Automotive Service Center
, Brian Augustus
, Honda and Ford Repair
, Imports repair
, It's a Ga$ to Live in Apex NC!
, Toyota Repair
, Volvo repair
, Volvo rerpair
, VW repair in the Triangle
. Bookmark the permalink