Premier 1 Automotive Offers Spring Cleaning!
It is spring cleaning time. Has anybody ever told you that you have a nice car, and have they been surprised to find out the car is no spring chicken? You surprised them because your ride still looks good. Ever notice a car or truck so shiny it almost looks wet? Many drivers here in Apex and across the Triangle wish people oohed and awed over every vehicle in their driveway. But coffee spills and cheerios on the inside and the bird droppings, acid rain, and scratches on the outside have slowly taken their toll. There is hope. You can get your vehicle looking sharp again with a little elbow grease and some regular due diligence. It makes (dollars and cents) sense too. Your car, when traded or privately sold will be worth up to $1500 more if it is clean and paid attention to; that is real money. Here are some over the hood strategies from your under the hood buddies at Premier 1 Automotive
We got your engine and trans covered and we can change that oil. But we need you to get the outside looking good. It is well worth it in the end!
- Keep the car clean on the outside: Weekly exterior washings are a great start. Go to the local wash rack. We recommend our good friends at Express Car Wash on NC55. It is an excellent drive through. No one says you can’t bring out the classic hose and bucket, but that takes time and who has much of that today! Just adhere to the once a week rule.
- Walk around: Birds here in the Triangle love car paint jobs. Unnoticed bird droppings will etch themselves through the clear coat and into the enamel very quickly if left to dry. As soon as it is noticed, use warm water; gentle motion with a soft damp cloth will remove it all very easily if caught in time. Check the paint regularly. Those dang fly around a lot.
- Spray and wipe: There is a multitude of wash and wax sprays on the market. The best ones are effective when wiping off a wet vehicle.The paint will look better with the first application.
- Vacuum and dust: Everyone does this in the house. Well, at least we see it in situation comedies. But we need to do this vacuum thing on the inside of the car as well. Making money is a side plus, we found 23 cents the first time we did ours.
- Scotchguard: The standard cloth interior needs a spray about once a year and it keeps that coffee spill to a minimum. Leather has a slightly different strategy. Use conditioner, especially in areas that see a lot of sun or wear, like in and around the driver’s seat. Leather will dry out over time so lubricate it to prevent cracking.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by THE IMPORT AUTOMOTIVE EXPERTS in the Triangle, your Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: Arther84, freedigitalphoto.net
This entry was posted in Automotive Repair in the Triangle NC
and tagged Apex Automotive repair
, Apex Chamber of Commerce
, Apex NC Small Business Network
, Apex North carolina
, ASE Certified
, Automotive Repair
, Automotive Service Center
, BMW Repair in Apex
, Brian Augustus
, Downtown Apex
, Honda and Ford Repair
, Import Automotive Repair
, Premier 1 Automotive Offers Spring Cleaning!
, The B.E.S.T. Automotive Repair in the Triangle
, Triangle Automotive Repair
, VW repair in the Triangle
. Bookmark the permalink