Buyers beware; it is such an old saying that it comes from the Latin, Caveat Emptor. There are many areas of buying where people purchase products and services. It is important that the consumer is aware at all times. Invoices can be tricky. The billing of surcharges, hidden fees, extra charges and the high cost of labor in many industries can dent the wallet or purse if no one is paying attention.
In the automotive service industry it is essential the customer pays attention to all aspects of services and parts; especially when the problem is catastrophic and involves a tow truck. Being vulnerable is not to the client’s advantage.
At Premier One Automotive in Apex NC, we suggest that motorists keep the following six points in mind when needing automotive service and repair:
- Know the local automotive service center: Having work done in town is a good strategy. Keeping things local is a positive for the customer and the business
- Do the homework prior to the visit: Know how long the service center has been around. Do any neighbors use the facility? Is it clean? Do they offer a customer waiting area?
- Get a clear written estimate of all necessary services: This is very important. It keeps the customer in the loop.
- Ask about the labor rate: Rates can vary wildly from place to place. Just ask.
- Ask about the technician’s experience: Isa the tech ASE certified? Automotive Service Excellence can mean training, certification and a degree. Make sure to ask.
- Consider a local independent shop first: Dealerships depend very heavily on parts and service after the sale. There is a lot of revenue generated for the dealer in maintaining a newly purchased car, truck, or SUV. Although dealerships are plentiful and often convenient, remember the first five bullets in this post. Do the homework and assess the comparatives.
Owning a vehicle give everyone the sense of freedom we all want. But with that freedom in mind, there is also a level of accountability and responsibility; not just from the owner but from the service personnel as well. Remember, caveat emptor; know who you are dealing with when bringing a car in for service.
Find the best place, the best experience, and the right value. At Premier 1 Automotive, we do our best and we make it right for all of our clients in the Triangle.
If you own an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, or Jaguar; we are the only automotive service center you will ever need.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Triangle’s Premier Import Automotive Specialist, the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at…
Head to our website…
Find us and like us on Facebook…
Follow us on Twitter…
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502