It’s mask-free 2021 and we are hitting the open road for summer. Did you know that cars, trucks, and SUVs are averaging a longer lifespan than ever? Actively maintaining everything parked in the garage will help vehicles keep rolling. With advanced technology, cars are stronger and can endure more than ever. They just need to be maintained.
There are many ways to increase a vehicle’s lifespan to 200,000-miles. One of the easiest ways to make any vehicle last is to bring it to Premier One Automotive for service as needed.
Here are five quick tips to keep vehicles longer in Post-COVID 2021:
- Keep short trips to a minimum: A short trip to the grocery store is more destructive to your car than a longer trip. Try and combine errands to keep engines operating at their functional temperature.
- Keep the tank full: Debris settles towards the bottom of the gas tank as it empties. It is more likely to filter into the engine when the tank is low. Protect it from sediment and prolong its lifespan by filling the car and keeping it at a half tank or more. This will also keep the car safe. No one likes the side of the road or walking with a gas can.
- Use synthetic oil: Synthetic oil can help your vehicle’s performance during these warm summer months, and it has many components that preserve the engine. The use of synthetic oil is highly recommended for most import vehicles and it is the only oil we use here at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex.
- Transmission fluid change: Flushing the transmission fluid is vital to the car’s lifespan, but thankfully this doesn’t need to happen often. It is recommended to get this done once every 100,000 miles, although our certified staff will give you an honest condition report of the fluids. Depending on use, it can be well before 100, 000 miles.
- Use all the senses: Identifying any problems earlier than later will help save money and keep vehicles running longer. If something looks, sounds, feels, or even smells unusual, then bring your car into Premier One Automotive and have it properly diagnosed by our ASE Certified Mechanics.
Keeping the vehicle properly maintained will prolong its life. Remember to use your senses and the technicians at P1A to ensure a lighter wallet and a healthier vehicle.
If you own an Audi, BMW, Volvo, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Porsche, or Jaguar; we are the only automotive service center you will ever need. Of course, we work on any domestic and import and are certified to do every major and minor repair.
This is yet another informational “Tips from the Hood!” article for our great customers and potential customers!
This post is brought to you by the Triangle’s Premier Import Automotive Specialist, the Good Guys at Premier 1 Automotive in Apex, NC!
E-mail us at… Premier 1Automotive @gmail.com
Head to our website… https://www.premier1automotive.com
Find us and like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
919 387 6800
1050 Investment Blvd Apex, NC 27502
Photo: I.M.U. Social Media LLC